Friday 18 January 2013

Snowmen

Pin It
Just a quick post to share a few snowmen themed things we had fun doing this week.  


We sang and acted out a poem...

Five little snowmen fat
Each with a funny hat
Out came the sun and melted one
What a sad sight was that!
Down!  Down!  Down!  

...and practised our simple subtraction as each snowman was melted away by the sun.  This was very fitting since this week all our real snow melted away.  Hopefully it comes back soon for our experiments with snow and ice next week...or I'll have to get creative!

We also made a snowman glyph.  We've never done a glyph before.  It was so much fun and super easy!  We used white paper doilies for the head and body, and the kids cut everything (except the arms) out.  They added snow details with white chalk.  Their fine motor skills are getting very good!

Well, I'm off to complete my reports.  Have a great week everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann Marie,
    Just wanted to let you know that I used your Mitten Middle Sounds with my kiddos in centers this week and they LOVED it! Thanks again!
    Andrea
    simmonsa1@sfusd.edu
    cielobella@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know! It makes me so happy to hear that! That's funny, we also did the same activity this week at centers. You are very welcome!

    ReplyDelete